About The Sac Rag
- Hank Shaw wins! by Stickie
- Canaries visiting for a friendly fixture by CoolDMZ
- Reviews in on !!!’s latest album by CoolDMZ
- NBA committee unanimously rejects Kings-Seattle deal by CoolDMZ
- Happy Birthday to us! The Sac Rag turns 8 by CoolDMZ
- Brake for costumed heroes Saturday UPDATE: Cancelled by CoolDMZ
- Sacramento named best city to be single by RonTopofIt
- RIP Scott Miller (1960-2013) by Stickie
- Stickie: Ocho!
- Junior: Sadly, the event has been cancelled.
- RonTopofIt: @cogmeyer Yes, the entire area has been fenced off and
- Stickie: Thanks for catching that.
- cogmeyer: I see lots of tire tracks right behind the sign,
- Jack H: Elderberry Beetles can't live anywhere else. People can.
- Richard L: That sort of thing bugs me, too.
- CoolDMZ: Dude that seems fishy.
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- Camellia Day
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
- Hiding in Plain Sight
- “In Living Color” on My58
Author Archives: sac-eats
With the Kings debacle fresh in our collective consciousness, let’s focus on something this town does well, food. We’re the fark to form capital of the world, and no one’s going to take that from us. Tonight marks the start … Continue reading
One of the reasons I like Thanksgiving so much — other than it’s the best family-gathering, food-binging, drink-sopping, politics-arguing, non-religious party you can have — is the focus on pies. Many holidays have their particularly associated desserts, but none is … Continue reading
I’d like to get all snark-tastic with the new bar and eatery, Hook & Ladder, but the truth is, it’s pretty good. The beer selection is good, the wine list is good, service = good, food mostly good, interor quirky … Continue reading
When Tako’s first opened a few months ago, I thought the idea novel, not too novel, but just novel enough to be interesting, not Dostoyevsky but Grisham, if you get my drift. The whole “Korean taco” thing has been kicking … Continue reading
According to Sacramento’s Facebook feed, Australian artist Konstantin Dimopoulos (obviously descended from Scottish prison convicts, you can tell by the name) will be painting a block of Sacramento sycamores blue tomorrow. Look for the trees on 13th between J & … Continue reading
Another fall has arrived with its soon-to-be normal range of triple-digit temperatures, hearkening us back up to the ‘Hill, Apple Hill that is. Apple Hill is in the first fledgling stages of harvest mode, popping the heat-soaked apples off the … Continue reading
In a wonderfully light story from last week: on Thursday morning, the proprietor of local awesome doughnut bakery Doughbot came in during the pre-dawn hours to find his front door molested and his iPad and laptop missing. Sad, discouraged, but resolute, he … Continue reading