About The Sac Rag
- Hank Shaw wins! by Stickie
- Canaries visiting for a friendly fixture by CoolDMZ
- Reviews in on !!!’s latest album by CoolDMZ
- NBA committee unanimously rejects Kings-Seattle deal by CoolDMZ
- Happy Birthday to us! The Sac Rag turns 8 by CoolDMZ
- Brake for costumed heroes Saturday UPDATE: Cancelled by CoolDMZ
- Sacramento named best city to be single by RonTopofIt
- RIP Scott Miller (1960-2013) by Stickie
- Stickie: Ocho!
- Junior: Sadly, the event has been cancelled.
- RonTopofIt: @cogmeyer Yes, the entire area has been fenced off and
- Stickie: Thanks for catching that.
- cogmeyer: I see lots of tire tracks right behind the sign,
- Jack H: Elderberry Beetles can't live anywhere else. People can.
- Richard L: That sort of thing bugs me, too.
- CoolDMZ: Dude that seems fishy.
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- Camellia Day
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
- Hiding in Plain Sight
- “In Living Color” on My58
Author Archives: Stickie
Congratulations to Hank Shaw, winner of the 2013 James Beard Foundation Award for Individual Food Blog. This was Shaw’s third nomination for his blog Hunter Angler Gardener Cook which chronicles his pursuit of honest food. In addition to writing, Hank … Continue reading
Scott Miller, leader of the bands Loud Family and Game Theory, died this week. While fame eluded him, Miller was influential and respected among musicians and critics. His passing is noted in an obituary in Spin Magazine. Miller was also … Continue reading
Chi Cheng, bass player for Sacramento’s Grammy-winning Deftones, has passed away at age 42. Cheng was injured in a 2008 traffic accident and never recovered. A candlelight vigil will be held in Cesar Chavez Park on Sunday at 6:30pm.
Sacramento’s Victorian quirk-pop duo Agent Ribbons has called it quits. While fans included the uber-cool trendmaking Demolisten crew at KXLU, their move to Austin in 2000 2010 did little to change their 7 year cycle of almost constant touring without … Continue reading
NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski is Tweeting that the Maloofs are really selling the Sacramento Kings this time. “The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.”
Hiddentrack is reporting that Sacramento’s Jackie Greene is joining the reformed Black Crowes. The Crowes announced that their 2011 “at least a decade” long haitus would end after two years with a spring tour and a live album. West coast … Continue reading
The Sacramento Zoo’s blog is reporting that Josie, the matriarch of their chimpanzee troop, was euthanized today due to old age. She was approximately 48 years old, and had been a resident here for 26 years. Josie liked to paint … Continue reading