About The Sac Rag
- Local Redditor has #1 submission by CoolDMZ
- Gold Rush Days not worth it without the dirt? by CoolDMZ
- Roseville’s Susac called up to SF Giants by CoolDMZ
- Local in the running for potato chip flavor contest by CoolDMZ
- Save 30% on “city pride” tees at therethere by CoolDMZ
- “6 states” initiative could appear on ballot by CoolDMZ
- Wahoo’s Fish Tacos to open next week by CoolDMZ
- Death Grips officially break up by CoolDMZ
- Brian Orcutt: So sad! Awesome blog!
- ranSACked: This is probably the high water mark of my life.
- CoolDMZ: Interesting tidbit about road paving in 1853! So it's like
- wburg: The total amount of water used for Gold Rush Days
- Julia Stanley-Metz: Thank you so much for your support Sac Rag. I
- cogmeyer: Yes, Julia's is definitely the best of the bunch.
- CoolDMZ: Thanks for the comment! You're probably right, it's more of
- ganeeban: Save your time and go to Cafe Caprichio OR anywhere
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- Nick Toma surfaces in Illinois
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Camellia Day
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Lisa Gonzales leaves KOVR 13
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
Author Archives: Stickie
Sacramento News and Review celebrates its 25th anniversary this week. Continue reading
On April 19th, Record Store Day 2014 will feature a number of limited release records from more than 100 artists. The eight record box set from CAKE is sure to create a local buzz among collectors and vibraslap aficionados. The … Continue reading
Bee staffers Cynthia Hubert and Phillip Reese were named finalists for the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting. While they did not bring home the top award, only two stories win the distinction of being a finalist. High praise, indeed. … Continue reading
FedEx delivered 11 pounds of high grade marijuana to a Sacramento-area man. He was not pleased. Continue reading
This video from News10 includes footage of the two wastes of flesh who tricked a SacState student with Down’s Syndrome out of $600. Let’s figure out who they are and nail their balls to the wall, shall we? SacState Scumbags … Continue reading
Sacramento’s Zach Hill is ranked #24 on SPIN Magazine’s list of the Best Drummers of Alternative Music.
Congratulations to Hank Shaw, winner of the 2013 James Beard Foundation Award for Individual Food Blog. This was Shaw’s third nomination for his blog Hunter Angler Gardener Cook which chronicles his pursuit of honest food. In addition to writing, Hank … Continue reading
Scott Miller, leader of the bands Loud Family and Game Theory, died this week. While fame eluded him, Miller was influential and respected among musicians and critics. His passing is noted in an obituary in Spin Magazine. Miller was also … Continue reading
Chi Cheng, bass player for Sacramento’s Grammy-winning Deftones, has passed away at age 42. Cheng was injured in a 2008 traffic accident and never recovered. A candlelight vigil will be held in Cesar Chavez Park on Sunday at 6:30pm.
Sacramento’s Victorian quirk-pop duo Agent Ribbons has called it quits. While fans included the uber-cool trendmaking Demolisten crew at KXLU, their move to Austin in 2000 2010 did little to change their 7 year cycle of almost constant touring without … Continue reading
NBA Insider Adrian Wojnarowski is Tweeting that the Maloofs are really selling the Sacramento Kings this time. “The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.”
Hiddentrack is reporting that Sacramento’s Jackie Greene is joining the reformed Black Crowes. The Crowes announced that their 2011 “at least a decade” long haitus would end after two years with a spring tour and a live album. West coast … Continue reading
The Sacramento Zoo’s blog is reporting that Josie, the matriarch of their chimpanzee troop, was euthanized today due to old age. She was approximately 48 years old, and had been a resident here for 26 years. Josie liked to paint … Continue reading