For you Togo’s fans, I would like to present a brief cost-benefit analysis of the new Pastrami Challenge.
Togo’s sure knows how to celebrate pastrami. In fact, the west coast-based eatery recently celebrated National Hot Pastrami Day this past Saturday by kicking off a promotion that’s every pastrami-lover’s dream and every Vegan’s worst nightmare. It’s called The Pounder, and rightfully so, considering that this two-foot long behemoth of a sandwich is stacked to the brim with over a pound of hot pastrami.
- The sandwich will run you roughly $23.
- The Family size version comes in at 3,020 calories, 143 grams of fat, 9,020 grams of sodium, and 164 grams of protein. The challenge version must be at least three times this size. I couldn’t find the specs online.
- Buy the sandwich at the regular price and then tell the crew member you are taking the challenge and fill out the paperwork!
- Devour the Pastrami Pounder in 30 minutes to successfully complete the challenge (one person per sandwich)
- When you’re done, alert the crew to claim your prize certificate for a free t-shirt (a hat at the Natomas location!)
- Individuals who complete the challenge will also have their picture taken so that it may be proudly displayed on the companyâ€™s Facebook page, along with other pastrami sandwich victors.
There you have it. And the results are in…
I’m sorry, there’s paperwork?