About The Sac Rag
- Local in the running for potato chip flavor contest by CoolDMZ
- Save 30% on “city pride” tees at therethere by CoolDMZ
- “6 states” initiative could appear on ballot by CoolDMZ
- Wahoo’s Fish Tacos to open next week by CoolDMZ
- Death Grips officially break up by CoolDMZ
- This is comprehensive and clear, and awesome by sac-eats
- Magazine names Corti Bros. deli one of the best in America by CoolDMZ
- The Death of Craft: Hard Work Sucks by sac-eats
- cogmeyer: Yes, Julia's is definitely the best of the bunch.
- CoolDMZ: Thanks for the comment! You're probably right, it's more of
- ganeeban: Save your time and go to Cafe Caprichio OR anywhere
- CoolDMZ: Thank you, that is one of my favorite curses.
- Erin: I have to say that "batshit-insane" really is the only
- Melly: I don't want to eat, sleep my job 24/7.
- cogmeyer: Great story and a good reminder too. I have
- Justin Lehr: Wait... I heard this movie was good. But a
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Camellia Day
- Nick Toma surfaces in Illinois
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Lisa Gonzales leaves KOVR 13
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
Category Archives: Miscellaneous
therethere is a new tee-shirt company that specializes in hyperlocal designs. Starting in 2010 with the Oaklandish brand, (which I might add I saw a lot of in a recent visit to the East Bay) they have branched out into … Continue reading
The group behind the batshit-insane proposal by venture capitalist Thomas Draper to divide California into 6 separate states has gathered enough signatures to appear on the ballot, according to this article. Sacto would be in “North California” which would run … Continue reading
Your easily readable guide to Sacramento neighborhoods.
I received terrible news this morning. My beloved Doughbot will be closing in August. Unlike most restaurant closings however, this isn’t due to lack of business, or lawsuits, or partnership disputes, or any of the myriad ways small businesses, especially … Continue reading
I question the wisdom of recycling tire waste into loose ground cover for a playground. This is from Seely Park in Carmichael, though I’m sure there are other parks using this seemingly well-intentioned material.
Daniel Steinhart, a healthcare administrator from my neighborhood of Tahoe Park, constructed a “Little Free Library” near his home in Tahoe Park. This one is notable for its incredibly geeky shape: a 1960s-era police call box from the UK, now … Continue reading
It started as a few disparate people getting gift cards in the mail around Christmas. The cards were sent from an anonymous gift-giver who, from all evidence, seems to favor those people in the Sacramento community who do their thing … Continue reading
I know it’s a chain. I know the drinks are too expensive. I know you can’t go there without getting hit on by some geriatric divorcee or Persian car dealer. I know. I know all of these things. It doesn’t … Continue reading
According to BAR, Trio, the interestingly reviewed restaurant by Gonul Blum, is done. And guess what, sushi will moving in, because, of course, we need more sushi. If you’d like to see several of the reasons that Trio closed, … Continue reading
Fun tidbit in this Bee article today about the facelift at the Central Building at Sutter’s Fort. Clearing out the historic building has also resulted in some pleasant surprises, [Tim Gellinck, a restoration works specialist]added. “We always knew that there … Continue reading
FedEx delivered 11 pounds of high grade marijuana to a Sacramento-area man. He was not pleased. Continue reading
The 2013 Sacramento County Fair opens today at Cal Expo and runs through the weekend. A much smaller and cheaper cousin to “Big Fun,” the County Fair has much of the same fun without the crowds and heat. Sacramento “Don’t … Continue reading
A tip from occasional Ragger Scooter brought me to Google’s announcement that via its new Field Trip app, visitors to 6 major cities can get free admission to a number of museums. That includes three locations in San Francisco: Conservatory … Continue reading
In ‘Murican, this means the Norwich City Football Club, an English Premiere League team, will be playing in Sacramento as part of their recently announced American tour. This is apparently the very first time an English Premiere League team will … Continue reading