About The Sac Rag
- Local Redditor has #1 submission by CoolDMZ
- Gold Rush Days not worth it without the dirt? by CoolDMZ
- Roseville’s Susac called up to SF Giants by CoolDMZ
- Local in the running for potato chip flavor contest by CoolDMZ
- Save 30% on “city pride” tees at therethere by CoolDMZ
- “6 states” initiative could appear on ballot by CoolDMZ
- Wahoo’s Fish Tacos to open next week by CoolDMZ
- Death Grips officially break up by CoolDMZ
- Brian Orcutt: So sad! Awesome blog!
- ranSACked: This is probably the high water mark of my life.
- CoolDMZ: Interesting tidbit about road paving in 1853! So it's like
- wburg: The total amount of water used for Gold Rush Days
- Julia Stanley-Metz: Thank you so much for your support Sac Rag. I
- cogmeyer: Yes, Julia's is definitely the best of the bunch.
- CoolDMZ: Thanks for the comment! You're probably right, it's more of
- ganeeban: Save your time and go to Cafe Caprichio OR anywhere
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- Nick Toma surfaces in Illinois
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Camellia Day
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Lisa Gonzales leaves KOVR 13
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
Category Archives: People
When Redditor “Ransacked,” who you might know as Sac Rag writer “Ransacked,” had a watermelon grow into and through a light fixture in his booming garden, he posted it to Imgur and sent the link to the “MildlyInteresing” forum on … Continue reading
You can’t make this stuff up. Julia Stanley-Metz from right here in Sacramento dreamed up “Wavy Mango and Salsa Potato Chips” and is subsequently one of just 4 finalists for a $1 million grand prize from Lay’s. On Tuesday, July … Continue reading
Choice placement for CBS13/CW31′s Mark S. Allen on the DVD cover for “Frozen,” sure to be one of the biggest releases in recent years. And he’s 100% right by the way–it’s snark-proof.
Arjun Singh, percussionist with Wallpaper and YouTuber behind “The Public Access Show,” was rubbing elbows with the Sacramento geek community last weekend at the inaugural Wizard World convention. Here are some photo highlights:
By Jeff Gonzales and Cintia Lopez, journalism students at American River College. Nothing says the holidays like ugly sweaters, inflatable Christmas decorations and charitable acts. Especially when those acts are rewarded with beer. More photos by cintia.lopez92 on Flickr Blow-up … Continue reading
In case you enjoyed following the crime- fighting exploits of “Batkid” on Friday, you’ll want to know that among the many amazing people who made it possible was 7-year old Carmichael resident James, who donated the awesomely realistic pint-sized Batsuit … Continue reading
Real estate blog, movato.com/blog, recently named Sacramento as the best city to be single. From the post… So in coming up with the criteria for the best single cities in California, we had to narrow it down to what we … Continue reading
I’ve been passing this sign recently along a newly protected area on the American River Parkway and finally stopped to see what was going on. It is adjacent to the Capital City Freeway near Cal Expo. As someone who has … Continue reading
You heard it first on Ransacked Media, but Sacramento has made another list, this time real estate blog Movoto’s 10 Nerdiest Cities in America. We also made their list of top cities for gamers, as well as their list of … Continue reading
In what has become my beat as of late, I’m here to report that my favorite makeshift homeless shelter has been evacuated once again. Since I ride past this spot almost every day, I keep track of when it is … Continue reading
Shocking headline, huh? Can’t believe it, huh? Want to learn more now, don’t you? As if California’s Department of Parks and Recreation scandal wasn’t enough to irritate the snot out of us (the Sacramento County district attorney will not pursue … Continue reading
I noticed the makeshift homeless shelter I wrote about late last year under Interstate 5 and the Garden Highway has been cleared out again. The last noticeable evacuation was in May of 2011 when police lead the charge in the … Continue reading
You wouldn’t know it from their website (three browsers and counting, nice color choices, guys), but KQCA My58 is “looking for outgoing, self-motivated, energetic individuals with big personalities and excellent people skills to join our promotional street team. You must … Continue reading
Not a bad way to start the end of the world.