About The Sac Rag
- Local in the running for potato chip flavor contest by CoolDMZ
- Save 30% on “city pride” tees at therethere by CoolDMZ
- “6 states” initiative could appear on ballot by CoolDMZ
- Wahoo’s Fish Tacos to open next week by CoolDMZ
- Death Grips officially break up by CoolDMZ
- This is comprehensive and clear, and awesome by sac-eats
- Magazine names Corti Bros. deli one of the best in America by CoolDMZ
- The Death of Craft: Hard Work Sucks by sac-eats
- cogmeyer: Yes, Julia's is definitely the best of the bunch.
- CoolDMZ: Thanks for the comment! You're probably right, it's more of
- ganeeban: Save your time and go to Cafe Caprichio OR anywhere
- CoolDMZ: Thank you, that is one of my favorite curses.
- Erin: I have to say that "batshit-insane" really is the only
- Melly: I don't want to eat, sleep my job 24/7.
- cogmeyer: Great story and a good reminder too. I have
- Justin Lehr: Wait... I heard this movie was good. But a
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Camellia Day
- Nick Toma surfaces in Illinois
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Lisa Gonzales leaves KOVR 13
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
Category Archives: People
You can’t make this stuff up. Julia Stanley-Metz from right here in Sacramento dreamed up “Wavy Mango and Salsa Potato Chips” and is subsequently one of just 4 finalists for a $1 million grand prize from Lay’s. On Tuesday, July … Continue reading
Choice placement for CBS13/CW31′s Mark S. Allen on the DVD cover for “Frozen,” sure to be one of the biggest releases in recent years. And he’s 100% right by the way–it’s snark-proof.
Arjun Singh, percussionist with Wallpaper and YouTuber behind “The Public Access Show,” was rubbing elbows with the Sacramento geek community last weekend at the inaugural Wizard World convention. Here are some photo highlights:
By Jeff Gonzales and Cintia Lopez, journalism students at American River College. Nothing says the holidays like ugly sweaters, inflatable Christmas decorations and charitable acts. Especially when those acts are rewarded with beer. More photos by cintia.lopez92 on Flickr Blow-up … Continue reading
In case you enjoyed following the crime- fighting exploits of “Batkid” on Friday, you’ll want to know that among the many amazing people who made it possible was 7-year old Carmichael resident James, who donated the awesomely realistic pint-sized Batsuit … Continue reading
Real estate blog, movato.com/blog, recently named Sacramento as the best city to be single. From the post… So in coming up with the criteria for the best single cities in California, we had to narrow it down to what we … Continue reading
I’ve been passing this sign recently along a newly protected area on the American River Parkway and finally stopped to see what was going on. It is adjacent to the Capital City Freeway near Cal Expo. As someone who has … Continue reading
You heard it first on Ransacked Media, but Sacramento has made another list, this time real estate blog Movoto’s 10 Nerdiest Cities in America. We also made their list of top cities for gamers, as well as their list of … Continue reading
In what has become my beat as of late, I’m here to report that my favorite makeshift homeless shelter has been evacuated once again. Since I ride past this spot almost every day, I keep track of when it is … Continue reading
Shocking headline, huh? Can’t believe it, huh? Want to learn more now, don’t you? As if California’s Department of Parks and Recreation scandal wasn’t enough to irritate the snot out of us (the Sacramento County district attorney will not pursue … Continue reading
I noticed the makeshift homeless shelter I wrote about late last year under Interstate 5 and the Garden Highway has been cleared out again. The last noticeable evacuation was in May of 2011 when police lead the charge in the … Continue reading
You wouldn’t know it from their website (three browsers and counting, nice color choices, guys), but KQCA My58 is “looking for outgoing, self-motivated, energetic individuals with big personalities and excellent people skills to join our promotional street team. You must … Continue reading
Not a bad way to start the end of the world.
I noticed that some homeless folks have set up shelter once again under Interstate 5 along the Garden Highway. Who knows how long they will get to stay this time, or what becomes of their belongings when they are eventually … Continue reading
This California Department of Parks and Recreation financial scandal just continues to prove that until robots rule the world, things will continue to suck because people are behind things. The Sacramento Bee reported July 20 that state parks has been … Continue reading