About The Sac Rag
- Turkish Delight, or Trio: Third Time’s the Harm by sac-eats
- Local artist to donate Second Saturday proceeds to Food Bank by CoolDMZ
- YMCA will operate 3 city pools this summer by CoolDMZ
- Hank Shaw wins! by Stickie
- Canaries visiting for a friendly fixture by CoolDMZ
- Reviews in on !!!’s latest album by CoolDMZ
- NBA committee unanimously rejects Kings-Seattle deal by CoolDMZ
- Happy Birthday to us! The Sac Rag turns 8 by CoolDMZ
- Jay Lowden: The Y is thrilled to be operating three city pools
- Stickie: Ocho!
- Junior: Sadly, the event has been cancelled.
- RonTopofIt: @cogmeyer Yes, the entire area has been fenced off and
- Stickie: Thanks for catching that.
- cogmeyer: I see lots of tire tracks right behind the sign,
- Jack H: Elderberry Beetles can't live anywhere else. People can.
- Richard L: That sort of thing bugs me, too.
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- Camellia Day
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
- Hiding in Plain Sight
- “In Living Color” on My58
Tag Archives: Music
Sacramento expatriates !!!’s new creatively-titled full length “THR!!!ER” is out today, and reviews are coming in from all the usual places. AVClub gives the album a “B” and praises the album’s pacing and efficiency. Pitchfork’s 6/10 is not a good … Continue reading
The venerable Built to Spill are on tour, and making a stop in Sacramento. The band, whose current lineup features front man Doug Martsch and guitarists Brett Netson and Jim Roth from the original ’90s lineup alongside new band members … Continue reading
Great electro pop show Friday night at Bows & Arrows, with Electro Group, hearts+horses, and Arts & Leisure for only $5! The Bows blog has a great writeup on all the bands. This lineup really tugs at my heartstrings. In … Continue reading
As I rode into work today, I noticed a lot of activity at Discovery Park with guys installing fencing and tents. Turns out, this is in preparation for Sunday’s Monster Energy Aftershock festival featuring Stone Temple Pilots, Deftones, Bush, Chevelle, … Continue reading
Mt. St. Mtn., the vinyl-only record label of Sacramento lo-fi/garage bands like G. Green and Standard Tribesmen, as well as other SF/Nor Cal bands, has launched a new website at mtstmtn.com. Taking a big step up from the label’s 90s-era … Continue reading
Awesome alt-country group Blitzen Trapper come to Harlow’s Monday night, in support of their recent Sub Pop release “American Goldwing.” Trapper use the tools of classic country, like pedal steel guitar and the imagery of Americana, with a flair for … Continue reading
News & Review’s Nick Miller posted another great roundup today on the recent firing of Jerry Perry as promoter of Concerts In The Park. Apparently people’s Facebooking has made the firing of a Sacramento legend even more controversial. Go figure. … Continue reading