About The Sac Rag
- Zach Hill gets props from SPIN by Stickie
- “Field Trip” app gets you free admission to 3 SF museums by CoolDMZ
- It’s official: Kings are staying in Sacramento by CoolDMZ
- Turkish Delight, or Trio: Third Time’s the Harm by sac-eats
- Local artist to donate Second Saturday proceeds to Food Bank by CoolDMZ
- YMCA will operate 3 city pools this summer by CoolDMZ
- Hank Shaw wins! by Stickie
- Canaries visiting for a friendly fixture by CoolDMZ
- Mr. Crusher: You forgot to mention that my meatball tasted like an
- Jay Lowden: The Y is thrilled to be operating three city pools
- Stickie: Ocho!
- Junior: Sadly, the event has been cancelled.
- RonTopofIt: @cogmeyer Yes, the entire area has been fenced off and
- Stickie: Thanks for catching that.
- cogmeyer: I see lots of tire tracks right behind the sign,
- Jack H: Elderberry Beetles can't live anywhere else. People can.
- Band Tesla ft. Nick Toma
- “Traffic tart” Julie Durda loses job at KRON
- Another Shins Sacramento connection
- Camellia Day
- How to pronounce “Goethe”
- Are you a no bs security guard?
- Steer clear of California Fresh — at least for now
- Don Geronimo to return to Sacramento airwaves
- Hiding in Plain Sight
- Lisa Gonzales leaves KOVR 13
Tag Archives: Railyard
On the agenda for tonight’s City Council meeting is a motion to select 10 of the 13 bidders who sent in responses in pursuit of the City’s proposed plan to lease parking operations rights to raise money for a new … Continue reading
An anonymous reader sent me this handy chart comparing the current Greyhound station with the new station on Richards Blvd. The chart sums up many of the points we had discussed when I wrote about the station last month, and … Continue reading
Councilman Steve Cohn announces today via e-mail: The Sacramento FIRST Task Force is reviewing seven new proposals for an Entertainment & Sports Complex. The Task Force is also looking at the current Cal Expo proposal and the option of renovating … Continue reading
photo credit: Brave Heart The City announced on Friday that it had met a December 1 deadline to get shovel-ready on the project to move and realign the tracks at Sacramento Valley Station. I trust that even though they were … Continue reading
photo credit: ThinkingStiff The City of Sacramento and Thomas Enterprises are proudly bragging of a “win” in the suit against them brought by the Downtown Plaza and three individuals who challenged the environmental impact reports prepared for the Railyards site. … Continue reading
Today’s New York Times Real Estate section features a story on the Railyards development. It is interesting to read about it from an out-of-towner’s point of view. We locals seem to be wrapped up in the details of making it … Continue reading
This is a major scandal. It’s old news by now, but back in 2007 when the city council agreed to transfer $55 million to Thomas Enterprises to help the company buy the rest of the railyard land, it apparently overpaid … Continue reading