Please to allow me to continue the rant I started before Christmas.
So the results of a survey about the employment outlook for 2009 in Sacramento were released on Wednesday. Check out the headlines from the Google News feed:
- Survey: 20% of Sacramento companies plan layoffs in 2009
- Grim Economic Outlook For Sacramento Area In 2009
- Sacramento Companies To Cut Jobs In 2009
- Region’s jobs outlook for early 2009 is grim
Super…Great…Grand. Did I mention that we get it? No one is saying that these are the days, but come on. Report different.
How’s about highlighting the last the sentence of all of those articles.
- “16% of businesses surveyed say they plan to hire in the first quarter of 2009.“
- “On the bright side, insurance companies, health care networks, commodity distributors, agricultural and technical businesses and customer service call centers expect to grow in the first three months of 2009.“
As my good friend, Jeffrey Goines, always says: “There’s no right, there’s no wrong, there’s only popular opinion.”
Don’t get him started on germs…