Heads’ up, geeks: Saturday is Free Comic Book Day, which is a perfect day to head on down to your local comic book shop and see what’s new in paneled graphic entertainment. This year features a slew of interesting titles:
- a mini issue of “Mouse Guard,” a spectacular book about a society of mice
- “Iron Man/Thor” written by Matt Fraction and drawn by John Romita, Jr. which leads into the next chapter in the Marvel Universe
- a “Green Hornet” issue written by Kevin Smith and tying into the upcoming feature film
- an issue of “Atomic Robo“, an entertaining book about a WWII era robotic man
- the first issue of “Irredeemable,” about a superhero who flips the switch and becomes a super villain
There are also plenty of kid-free titles and lots of interesting indie comics featured. Events will be held at several locations around town including Big Brother, Empire Comics, Comics & Collectibles and Worlds’ Best Comics. Find more participating shops using the FCBD locator.