With an upcoming cocktail party, I needed to get my hands on some fun napkins, candles, and other festive accoutrements. Having been a past IKEA customer, I knew they’d meet my needs, but I was sore afraid of the throngs of people.
Braving the elements, I pointed myself toward West Sac and was in and out of IKEA within an hour Ã¢â‚¬â€œ heavily laden with giant bags of party wares, and not having spent too much money.
Here’s how you can have an easy IKEA experience, especially if you’re going in primarily for their Marketplace items:
1. Instead of taking I-80 to the Reed Avenue exit, stay on Biz 80/50 (that stretch just past the W-X) and exit at Harbor Blvd. Turn right, then turn left on Reed Avenue (a few lights up.)
2. Rather than going in the main IKEA entrance, turn left onto the street that’s across from the KOVR studio (blue set be damned!) — I think it’s Riverpoint — it’s just past some office buildings. Follow this street to the east end of the IKEA parking lot. Park, and you’ll walk a straight line to the front door.
3. Do not go up the elevator and into the showroom maze. Stay downstairs, and head to the Marketplace to select your wares.
4. Use the self-checkout line.
5. Exit; turn right, and go straight to your car.