Celebrate Valentineâ€™s Day Sacramento-style with these uniquelyÂ delicious ideas:
Chocolate Decadence: The most direct path to your sweetieâ€™s heart is through the stomach. Sacramento has no shortage of phenomenal bakers to treat your honey right. Place your order today to ensure your treats are ready in time!
- Ginger Elizabeth Chocolates offers sinfully elegant options including their V-day specialty Palet Dâ€™Or Entrement Cake for $32 featuring â€œMaracaibo Venezuelan Chocolate Mousse, layered with Bittersweet Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Dacquois, and Crunchy Chocolate Shortbread.â€ They also offer melt-your-heart chocolates starting at 6 pieces for $12. If youâ€™re going to buy chocolates, you wonâ€™t find any better than these!
- Freeport Bakery exceeds all expectations for perfectionist pastries. Their Valentineâ€™s options will make you weak in the knees. Theyâ€™ve got The Jewel Box, which is a cake and present in one. According to their website, â€œOur rich chocolate cake gets a layer of luscious mascarponeâ€“custard. We add a touch of espresso, a bit of rum and finish with a chocolate lid. Looks like a delicious little treasure box filled with hearts and roses for your special Valentine.â€ How precious is that for $26.95? They offer a variety of heart, strawberry, or chocolate cakes and pastries fit for royalty. You can keep it simple, yet elegant, with a gorgeous V-day themed cupcake for a mere $2.95.
Savory Harmony: If your honey is missing a sweet tooth, Sacramento is brimming with options to tempt the palette. With everyone out on the hunt for chocolate, youâ€™ll probably beat the long lines to boot!
- Laszloâ€™s Gourmet Smoked Fish has the most indulgent offerings! If ever a smoked fish were romantic, Laszloâ€™s is it. Dripping in a honey-smoked marinade, moist and luscious in every bite, youâ€™ll savor this finger-licking treat as much as you treasure each other. Youâ€™ll pay $7.95 per pound.
- The Sacramento Food Coop sells a variety of decadent local cheeses, including Cowgirl Creamery cheeses from Petaluma. Nothing says â€œloveâ€ like a rich, creamy chunk of heavenly cheese!
Tipsy Treats: Wet your whistle before the smooching begins with these local sips.
- Rail Bridge Cellars makes a brilliant 2004 Lattice, which is a perfect blend of five valley Bordeaux varietals. This is a smooth balanced wine with absolutely no bitternessâ€”just like your ideal Valentine. You can find it at Corti Brothers for just under $25. This is a wine that will please even the pickiest aficionado.
- Hoppy Brewing Companyâ€™s Hoppy Face Amber Ale is a Valentine-must for your beer-drinking sweetie. They call it â€œa clean, crisp, well-balanced beer.â€ Itâ€™s just darn delicious! You can find it at Corti Brothers in a 1 pint 6 oz. bottle perfect for sharing for around $5.
Up the romantic-ante by packing a combination of these items in a picnic basket. Then head to the nearest park. The weather forecast is calling for sunny skies all weekend!
5 thoughts on “Local Love”
Love the ideas. I also like Rick’s dessert & Diner! Never been to Freeport Bakery, that is on my list!
Never? You’re in for a treat!!
Great. Now I’m craving chocolate cupcakes at 7:30am.
Cupcakes for breakfast? Now you’re talking!
Hi hun. Do you do birthday stuff to?